A Very Warm Welcome

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ryan, and I wanted to take the time to welcome you to The Innovation Games, we’re really excited to be building an awesome community here.

There is a lot of work still going on by our team to get things up and running, but I wanted to take the time to introduce myself, and also give you a bit of an idea of what we are looking at building here.

The Message…

My name, as I’ve said, is Ryan. I’m the Managing Director of ATLAS Media Group Ltd. Which is the company that runs The Innovation Games. Back in February 2019, I realized that there were a lot of amazing people who just wanted to be able to enjoy a Minecraft server, but that was run like a company, somewhere that there were clear do’s and don’ts but also somewhere that cared about more than just the amazing developers that it takes to build a server, and adopt a truly DevOPS approach to running things.

There are a lot of amazing developers out there, that make some amazing plugins, and so often while what they do is amazing, the way the servers execute it can be so very poor. In my ‘Day Job’, I’m a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for a large US Defense Company, it’s my job to ensure our servers, and our infrastructure is running for our key clients, and that is the approach I want to bring to The Innovation Games, where uptime and stability really does matter.

We want to build a community here that everyone can be proud of, and can feel included in. We will value transparency and honesty in the way we operate, and ultimately this is about building a community, if we don’t execute this as well as we hope we will, then that’s perfectly fine. We will be working to open source as much about our processes as we can, and publishing how we set things up either on the ATLAS Blog or on our Github pages so that if you think you could build something with or, or in competition with us, you have the freedom to do so.

We also know we won’t get things right 100% of the time, and that’s okay too. We’re all human, and we’re going to try our best to get things right, but if we don’t, please let us know. If you don’t feel like you’re getting listened to, please know you can reach out to the leadership team here and we will do our best to get to the bottom of things for you.

I hope this gives you a bit of an idea of what we’re doing, who we are and where we want to go, and I look forward to having you along for the journey!

Until my next post.

• Ryan